Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pasta Prima Vera...

Well if you are like me, you are still working your way through leftovers of Christmas groceries. I had decided to make a meatless Christmas Eve dinner, like my mom use to make. My family like Salmon, as do I. With some of my guests working till unknown hours of the day I planned very few appetizers, one of these were smoked salmon with a little dollop of herbed cream cheese, on a cracker. Well I purchased my smoked salmon and then when I opened the foil package discovered I couldn't roll it up. So change of plan. I had already whipped up the cream cheese and prepared the sliced the cucumbers so I ended up just crumbling it up and mixing it up with the cream cheese and then served it with the cucumber slices and crackers. It went over well. But, I had a a lot of salmon left over. Since my son worked tonight(he doesn't like pasta) I thought I'm doing pasta for my husband and myself. It came out o.k.

The sauce...
4 tbsp. butter,
1 c. milk or cream (depending on what you have in the fridge)
1 c. parmesan cheese.
Place the butter in a saucepan and melt, let it bubble a little add the cheese this will be quite thick, and then add the milk/cream. Stir it up to make a smooth sauce. Set aside.

I did this in another pan. I used a very small amount of ollive oil and sauteed some mushrooms and a green onion chopped. When they were done I added them to the cream sauce.

Meanwhile boil your water for the pasta of your choice and cook as you would for anyother dish. When this was done I tossed the sauce and drained pasta and then all that leftover salmon crumbled on top and tossed. It was salty, but very good. Served with some vegetables on the side and yummy.
I think I could have added some peppers and  snowpeas, it would have been a little more primavera.

1 comment:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Irene....grazie per le tue visite :)
Dov'รจ che hai visto Jake ?
Ricordati : E' MIO !!!!
Approposito, Pasta Prima Vera, in italiano si scrive : Pasta Primavera.
Tanti baci e ciao :)))
Myriam

Ps : questa settimana ho ripreso a lavorare ! Uffffff