Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What's on your cookie tray #2

These are a must have if you've made the Almond Madeline you must have the chocolate as well. I always thought they would look great for a piano recital, so piano key like. I tried dipping these in white chocolate this year just for the heck of it, but other than they were delicious, they were a little messy looking, so I had to eat them. I think I would have had to make sure they were completely cold, not just cool before dipping. I used 3 squares of white chocolate and 1 tbsp melted shortening for my dipping solution.I melted these two combined over a double boilers, it does get hot. I thought they looked messy because some of the dark crumbs got into my white chocolate and ... but they were good. Enjoy.


Chocolate Madeline Cookies

4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1cup butter (melted)
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa
¼ tsp. salt
Confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 400degrees

Grease Madeline pans. In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until thick and the colour of lemon. Gradually add cool melted butter. Measure flour, cocoa and salt in another bowl. Fold into egg mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pans, bake for 6-9 min.. Cool slightly and remove from pan. Sprinkle plate and cookies with confectioners sugar (these are very sticky).

2 comments:

me again said...

Some years I make lots of different cookies before Christmas, some years only one or two kinds. But my shortbread cookies are ALWAYS made! This year was no exception.
:-)
==lennie==

Anonymous said...

I used to bake ALL THE TIME, but haven't for years. I've never heard of a Madeleine pan until I read this post and then googled them to see what they were. I love how the shape of the cookies are like shells!!!! I will be buying me a Madeleine pan and making these chocolate cookies for sure, and maybe the Almond ones too.

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!