Monday, December 28, 2009

What's on your cookie tray?

A million years ago I got the baking urge, now at any given moment I might just go into the kitchen and bake, hence the junk in my trunk. Anyway, this Christmas as always I baked cookies. I'll be posting some of the recipes on my "kitchen blog" throughout the week, just so I can enjoy them a little longer. This recipe is one I got from my friend Karen McGilvary- Scapone. I was a new bride when Karen and I met at the Robert Simpson Company, after we were on Maternity leave together we baked Christmas cookies other than what our mother's baked, we shared the pans for this recipe, because they were quite pricey, ( a whole $10.00 each, we were economical) I now own 3pans myself, since the urge to bake is unpredictable and Karen has moved to a distant community (no longer with in walking distance for me.) Anyway, these are a nice cake type cookie and I really like them, (but that says little, since it only has to be called a cookie and I like it.) If you need to store these for any length of time it's a good idea to put a wedge of lemon in the container and they will stay moist. (any length of time is more than one week, longer than that I would freeze them). Enjoy.

Chocolate dipped Almond Madeleine Cookies

Beat together
3 eggs
2/3 c. white sugar
1/4 tsp. almond extract
Gradually add
¾.c butter or margarine melted
Fold in
1c. flour
1/3 c. almonds

Spoon batter into well greased Madeleine pans.
Bake at 400 degree for 6-9 min. Remove from pan
and dip in choc. glaze as follows.

Chocolate Glaze
6oz. – 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp. shortening, melt together and dip
cookies partially into the choc. I sprinkle a
plate with icing sugar and sort of stand them up
since they really stick when they are freshly
removed from the pans.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Oh my these sound yummy! Could you email me one right away please?? LOL
Have a wonderful evening!!
Blessings~