Friday, August 20, 2010

Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce

And a mini me!

Cake cooling with the topping only.

Well here it is, my favorite Birthday Cake. It's large invite lots of people to help you eat it. I've never frozen remains, there never is any.


Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce

Crust
1 1/2c. graham cracker crumbs
½ c. butter melted
5 tbsp.sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Melt butter, combine dry ingredients, and press into a 10 in. spring form pan. Bake about 15 min. Use a rimmed cookie sheet to prevent butter drips.
Filling
1c. sugar
1tsp. vanilla extract
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon or orange
2lbs. cream cheese
4 eggs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream cheese until it is soft, add eggs, sugar vanilla and lemon juice and rind. Mix until smooth. Pour onto baked crumb crust. Bake 25-30 min.
Topping
1 500ml. sour cream
1 tbsp. honey
Combine these two ingredients and pour over cheese cake, return to oven and bake 5 min. at 425 degrees.

Prepare blueberries in a small saucepan, and water and cornstarch if needed. I like to use a little lemon juice and some sugar if they are not sweet enough. Top just before serving on cooled cake.

3 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Is this the one that I almost burned the house down making??? Did you ever adjust the butter amount in the crust? Just asking.

Irene said...

Yes the butter is adjusted here. I just photo copied the recipe for you, so the ingredients were accurate as per the original chef. I've made adjustments to reduce fat huh! And notice I said to bake on a rimmed cookie sheet.

Erica (Irene) said...

This looks good Irene......I love any cheesecake and especially with blueberries. Happy Foodie Friday! [Irka]