Friday, February 5, 2010

Cooking your fish in the dishwasher! Yuk

I don't remember who it was that I was discussing this with, but the person with whom this conversation took place was suggesting that she didn't know how to prepare fish, and she thought she might try doing it in her dishwasher. Well!!!!! Yesterday, I wasn't feeling quite up to par so my husband loaded the dishwasher, he doesn't do a very good job, but I was willing to let it go, just because I didn"t have the energy to do it. My dishes didn't come out all that clean, and when I protested he said he didn't know what happened. So I got a burst of energy and said "O.K. we're cleaning the dishwasher" ( I do this periodically, just because I know the soap doesn't get rinsed away all that well) I had him take the door off so I could get in deep, when the door came off there was all this crud in the bottom, which took me forever to clean, once I had that done I suggested he clean out the little reservoir for the sparkle liquid stuff, when we took that apart it was gross, we scrubbed and scrubbed, and then I ran the dishwasher with some vinegar to rinse things through, so .... The moral of the story is even though I now know my dishwasher is sparkling clean (I had visions of it not working when we put it back together) I most certainly would not be doing food prep in it. What happened to cooking fish the old fashion way in the oven?

My family likes fish, they are after all sons of a hunter/angler, so I've hunted out a few basic recipes for the upcoming lenten season. Our favorite remains the Honey Curry Salmon I have a few more to test, and I'll be posting my favorites. Forget the dishwasher.

3 comments:

dmarks said...

Dawn helps get fish-oil out of the way. And if you use Calgon, the fihs won't have water-spots anymore.

annies home said...

I have seen this as well as cooking dinner on the car motor great ideas if you have no other way to cook or want to expirement

Holly Lefevre said...

Not even sure what to say. I cannot imagine!
Holly
504 Main