Monday, February 1, 2010

Yes we have no banana's today...


I've never really understood that phrase in the song, and I'm too sick to sing. I took this shot to show my family that the bananas have to be very ripe for banana cake/bread/muffins. It seems my husband thinks these are "bad" and garburates them, and then I go out and buy ones off the reduce shelf so I can have them for baking. My son won't eat a banana but he'll gobble down this cake. I got the recipe from a co-worker many years ago and it always works. Have a Mellow Yellow Monday




Karen Scarpone’s Banana Bread

½ cup butter

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1tsp. baking soda dissolved in 4 tsp. boiling water

3 bananas mashed

2cups sifted flour

2 tsp. baking powder

Pinch salt

1 cup nuts (*walnuts or anything you have hanging around)

1 tsp vanilla

  • I often substitute chocolate chips for the nuts, just in case I have a nut allergy person around.

Cream together, butter, sugar and eggs.

Dissolve soda in water, mix with mashed bananas

Sift and mix together dry ingredients. Add alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Add nuts/chocolate chips and vanilla.

I bake this in a bundt pan, but you can certainly make it a loaf or cupcakes. Bake at 350 degrees in a greased pan. Enjoy.


5 comments:

Tania said...

Great yellow and recipe:-)

Sandi said...

Hi Irene,
I commented, but think it got lost in cyberspace so I will try again.
I LOVE banana bread and cake! It sounds so good right now!!
Hope you feel better soon!!
Hugs~

Kim, USA said...

I love banana cake and thanks for the recipe may I try this one ^_^

MYM:MaxAir

Anonymous said...

My husband is like your husband. A little spot and he won't eat it!

My daughter likes them still a little green which to me is grosser than eating a few brown spots!

Sandi said...

You should see my bananas when I am getting ready to bake bread. They are almost black! LOVE IT!!!!!

And I just might take a look inside that house. A lot of people told me I should. lol
Hugs~