Friday, January 16, 2009

Soup de jour

O.k. today I used my stock to make Leek and Potatoe Soup, it was delicious. It's an old Milk Calender Recipe I believe 1986. I reduce the fat by using skim milk, and a Teflon pan to saute my leeks. I didn't add the mushrooms today, (just forgot to buy them). We gobbled it up. My family continued with a second course but I was good and just had the soup and my yogurt.

So you use the leeks white part only, chop it up and saute in a Teflon pan,
or in the microwave with a little stock. Until translucent.

Blend them up, add to stock.

Meanwhile, peel and cook 3 medium potatoes, mash and add to stock.

When thoroughly heated, whisk in 1/4c. skim milk.

I used about 4 leeks, 3 med. potatoes and 4cups stock. If you plan on adding mushrooms about 1/2 lb. will do they do need to be fried, so once you have finished with the saute of the leeks add the mushroom, you may need to add some butter/margarine to brown them well. I skipped this today as we are watching our fats. This is really good with some grainy bread and a large salad.

No comments: