Saturday, January 2, 2010

Oven mates, Raspberry Squares

these are the squares I make along with the Magic Bars, oven mates I call them. I start with Madelaine and then almond cookies and then squares, no oven turning off and then just a big clean up at the end. these are the must haves on my tray and then if I have anymore time or energy I'll continue tomorrow.


Raspberry Squares

1/2 c. butter
1 tbsp. sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
Mix together & press into a 9 in square pan

Top with jam of your choice, the recipe calls for 1/2 c. raspberry jam, but I've done anything I like, strawberry, blueberry or even sliced apples with sugar and cinnamon.

Topping

Butter size of walnut
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
1/4c. chopped walnuts
1/2c coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix together, spread on the top of the jam. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. When cooled cut into squares. Freezes well.

2 comments:

me again said...

Mmmmmmm. I'm wondering if I could make this with marmalade...?

Sandi said...

These sound wonderful Irene along with many of your other recipes! I must get cooking and baking!! LOL
Hugs~