Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nurses do Nibblers

It's been my experience that any nurse I know makes awesome "nibblers" so I've decided to dedicate my "nibbles" section of my cookbook to the nurses in my life that have so generously shared their delicious nibbler recipes with me so that I may share them with my family.

It was my mom's 90th birthday this weekend, and although I forgot my camera, I'm sure my niece will send along some lovely shots. Anyway, I made these very tasty Buffalo Chicken Dip nibblers. I first tasted this when my friend Janice (the nurse) made it for us on Boxing Day, she got this from her charge nurse, see what I mean about nurses doing nibblers.

Ingredients
1 pkg. (8oz./250gr.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. blue cheese salad dressing
1/c. any flavor Frank's Red Hot Sauce
2oz. crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
2 cans Premium White chunk chicken breast in water, drained
Assorted fresh vegtables and crackers for dipping.

Directions:
Heat the oven to 350F

Stir the cream cheese in a 9 inch deep dish pie plate with a fork or whisk until it's smooth. Stir in the dressing, hot sauce and blue cheese. Stir in chicken. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir before serving. Serve with the vegetable and crackers.

Janice served these with pita triangles instead of vegetables, and crackers. She also used a cooked chicken breast shredded, instead of the canned chicken.

This is what I did, I have this thing for large groups dipping their hands into one bowl, sorry, just nuts. I mixed the chicken with the hot sauce and let it sit while my cream cheese softened, I then beat cream cheese and all the other ingredients,and then added the hot sauce chicken into it at last. I then spread it on a wrap, rolled it up and heated them through about 15 min. on a cookie sheet. When they were hot I sliced them up for a pop in your mouth treat. I had put some cucumber sticks and carrot sticks on the platter, so we didn't have "HOT LIPS". they were great and no real "dipping germs" When I make them next time I will use real chicken, I liked it better than the canned stuff. P.S. cook the breast of chicken of course.

Hat tip Nurse Alana and Nurse Jan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I'm going to try it!