Friday, January 1, 2010

What's on your cookie tray continued

I'm still eating my way around the cooking tray. I've posted these recipes in the order I make them. I try preheat my oven only once. So I start with the Madeline's, then on to the Almond Cookies and now to the squares. I make the Magic Cookie Bars, and Raspberry Squares to go into the oven at the same time. (Energy efficient) You do need to own two 9x9 square pans.


Magic Cookie Bars

½ cup butter
1 ½ cups graham wafer crumbs
1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed Milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ¼ flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven 350 degrees
In a 9 x 9 square pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over butter: mix together and press into pan.
Pour Eagle Brand evenly over crumbs. Sprinkle with chips, then coconut and nuts: press down firmly. Bake 25 30 min. or until lightly browned. Cool well before cutting. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Cut into bars.

No comments: