Saturday, March 27, 2010

Foodie Friday

Missed Foodie Friday this week as well, so here it goes on Scrubbing floors Saturday. On many an occasion my sisters and brother and our kids and our spouses gather for special occasions or not so special. Sometimes the kids my three nieces who are close in age would visit with each other. My sister's daughter Jen is the eldest of the three girls and she would often set up a school room and be the teacher, "vocabulary improvement" would often be the topic. On one such occasion the word of the day was "constipated". Well for one of the younger of her students this was quite a mouth full and she just couldn't get it. So on her way out "the teacher" shortened it for her and said "remember today's word is "STUCK". Here's a recipe that ensures this never happens to you.

Six Week Bran Muffins

2c. all bran cereal
1 c. Crisco oil
5 tsp. Baking soda
3 c. sugar
1 quart Buttermilk
5c. flour
2tsp. salt
4eggs
1 c. raisins
Add all dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, and oil. Mix well (don’t beat)
Store in covered container in fridge until ready to bake (as long as six weeks). Bake @ 400 degrees F. for 20 min. in well greased muffin tin.

Makes 4 doz.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Hi Irene,
I think I have this same recipe and I haven't made them for a long time. We had them at a B and B and they were wonderful!! I will have to make them again. Thanks for reminding me!!
Hugs~