Monday, March 1, 2010

Mellow Yellow Monday, Lemon Spaghetti, Yummy

It's Mellow Yellow Monday in the kitchen as well, you can tell I'm thinking of my weight, (Mushrooms in my Irene's Desk post, and spahetti in my kitchen) truth be told we eat little pasta these days, my pasta kid moved away to school and hasn't come home very often, I make pasta only when I'm lonely for him, (which is always) but I'm getting better at controlling the pasta diet. Anyway this is a favorite of his and mine around this time of year, when I think we might be getting scurvy because of the long winter. (another thing my pasta kid worried about)

This recipe is from the foodnetwork, by Giada De Lorentas (isn't she beautiful)

Ingredients

* 1 pound spaghetti
* 2/3 cup olive oil
* 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon lemon zest
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

Directions

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.

Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.

4 comments:

Diane AZ said...

Thanks for the Lemon Spaghetti recipe, it sounds yummy with the Parmesan and basil. :)

me again said...

This is one of my SIL's most favourite recipes. I think I'll stick it into this week's menu; it'll remind me of spring!

Eden said...

Looks yummy. I want to try the recipe. thanks for sharing

Visual Vamp said...

Irene,
I followed you over here...
Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much for sharing your wonderful and detailed memories.
I would love to reply to you and not use the comments page (unless that's okay with you), so please e-mail me.
xo xo