Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chicken, chicken and more chicken

My son loves chicken,...and mashed potatoes. But, I'm so sick of cooking it the same boring way, I thought I would expand my horizons. Tuesdays, I visit my mother and I'm usually pretty exhausted, but I still get home and cook supper. STUPID eh! Anyway last night I made this Kraft Kitchen recipe. I was so tired I forgot the cheese, but it was very good anyway.
Cheesy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Prep time:
10 min
Total Time:
25 min
Makes:
4
What You Need
1 onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb./450 g)
1/4 cup KRAFT Original BarBQ Sauce
3/4 cup shredded CRACKER BARREL Cheddar Cheese Light - Made with 2% Milk
4 whole wheat sandwich rolls (6 inch), partially split
Make It

HEAT large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add onions; cover. Cook 2 min.; stir onions, then push to edge of skillet. Add chicken; cook 4 min. Turn chicken over; top with barbecue sauce. Cook, covered, on medium-low 6 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF). Stir onions.

SPRINKLE chicken with cheese; cook, covered, 1 min. or until cheese is melted.

FILL rolls with chicken and onions.

No comments: