Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yes we have some banana's today...

Just as I feel a song coming on, I realized that since I have not been eating or serving food much this weekend my family, who can't even peel a banana, have let them ripen, so I guess it will be Banana Bread Time.

Banana Bread

½ c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
Dissolve in 4 tsp. boiling water
3 bananas mashed
2 c. sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch salt
1tsp. vanilla
1 c. nuts
Cream butter and sugar add eggs. Dissolve soda & mix with mashed bananas. Sift & mix together dry ingredients add alternately to butter mixture with banana mixture. Add vanilla and nuts.

Bake in a greased loaf or bundt pan for 35-40 min at 350 degrees F.

My personal preference in banana bread is large hunks of chocolate. But you might have guessed that. As much as you have left in the baking drawer that your kids have not eaten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another yummy recipe. I use my light and lean banana bread recipe and then I don't feel quite as guilty as Kirk and I devour it. Thanks for sharing your recipe