Sunday, February 22, 2009

Eating in other places

My friend Anna, who was my "Boss" when I worked for Elections Canada comes up with some unusual sandwiches. You must understand in the 36days of election period in Canada we are stuck in an office for 12hrs. a day 7 days a week. You get pretty tired of eating take-out, so you end up bringing lunches an dinners to work and doing a little more than heating up. Well Anna was having this sandwich with veal and lemons. Yes she sliced lemons really thinly and was eating them. Now I know most of you have probably gotten that email talking about the germs one can find on the rind of a lemon, but if you watched City TV they actually did a scientific experiment and went to some of the local eateries and bars and swabbed the boards and lemons and sent them off to the lab. Well as it turns out your toothbrush has more germs than lemons in your water. I don't particularly like lemons in my water so it was never an issue for me, but that lemon sandwich sure was. So I went out and bought these lemons. They are"DANDY" Meyer Lemons. So today will be veal cutlets for supper, (with leftovers for lunch sandwiches) and I'm definitely making the recipe on the tag. I'll post it for tomorrow if it is any good, sounds great. Chocolate is involved.

No comments: