Sunday, February 15, 2009

A little fuss for family day

Monday, February 16th is Family Day in Ontario. Most places are closed. So families are stuck together with not much to do. My guys are preparing for exams. So I think I'll make a little something for breakfast that isn't cereal.

Cornmeal Muffins

¾ c. cornmeal
1 ¼ c. milk
Mix together set aside

Sift together

1 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 c. sugar
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Stir into cornmeal mixture and add 1 slightly beaten
egg and ¼ c. melted shortening. Stir in blueberries.
Do not defrost frozen blueberries. Fill muffin tins ¾ full.

Bake in muffin pan lined with paper cups, @ 400 degrees, for
20- 25 min.


Connie Bronze
Neighbour on Elora Dr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Irene I love muffin recipes and will add this yummy one to my recipe file.