Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A slice of sunshine

It's been a long cold winter, and the vegetables out there are not so nice. But then there is always, cabbage, I needed a slice of sunshine so the addition of pineapple is nice, keep the dressing to a minimum and it's even o.k. for our diets.
When I reduce this recipe, I just reduce the amount of cabbage and mayo and leave the rest it gives me a whole new surprise. It's quite a large recipe otherwise.
Hawaiian Coleslaw

8 c. shredded cabbage
¾ c. pineapple chunks
½ c. raisins
½ c. diced celery
3 or 4 shredded carrots
1 orange, peeled, sectioned & cut in half
¾ cup mayonnaise, or Miracle Whip dressing
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve chilled.



Teresa Chrapala-Makarewicz
Home Economist

Teresa Chrapala-Makarewicz is my sister in law on my husband's side (married to my husband's brother) she is a professional Home Economist, I think this recipe was developed during her days with The Barn Food Markets. My family like coleslaw so this makes a nice change to the usual combo. You may sometimes see Teresa on the shopping channel or CHCH cooking show I think at noon.

No comments: